Thursday, November 22

Thanksgivings


For a holiday without presents, I sure do love Thanksgiving :)


On a domestic note...

The first Abarquez Thanksgiving was pulled off above my expectations!  After hearing every year the horror story Mamma Kay tells about her first Thanksgiving, I was not getting my hopes up.  The food was delicious & I pulled out our china/crystal for our first fancy meal  (I mean that literally~ in my tiny kitchen we have no room for china/crystal so they are still in original packaging stacked in the corner near the buffet table... it is like jenga getting out the pieces you need)!  We made a spicy pepper rubbed Turkey breast from Bon Appetit, green bean casserole, my sister-in-law's stuffing recipe, rolls & a marvelous Pumpkin & Pecan Pie from Paula Deen. I'm glad everything was yummy because we will be eating leftovers forever!  All in all it was a lovely day!





On a scary note...

My dear husband is convinced he's going to BestBuy at midnight...  I am NOT a "Black Friday" shopper.  I do not want to go.  I told James if he makes me go then I finally get to replace my camera that I loathe.  I have never been.  Correction- I have never been shopping on Black Friday.  My years of employment at Bath & Body Works had me working 12 hour shifts (6 am to Noon, home to sleep, 6 pm to midnight).  I don't feel my time working has embittered me.  Most of my convictions are simple ones.  I love football.  I love shopping.  They should be all mixed up.  Shopping should not be a timed-contact sport.  Thank you!  Maybe that streak will be broken tonight... who knows?  I do hear James softly snoring on the couch :)

On a sentimental note...

During this time of thanks I have been reflecting on the year and come to realize that big life events magnify the importance of true friendship.  I am so thankful to have so many great people in my life that show love, support, encouragement & wisdom.  When I think of so many people who have touched my life and helped me grow... When I think of the laughs :) the fun times, the hard times, and everything in between ~ I am blessed beyond belief.  Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment