Monday, August 5

Advocare Herbal Cleanse

I am starting the Advocare Herbal 10-Day Cleanse today!  details here

Yesterday I read the pamphlet in the box (along with the Advocare website) to make sure I had the instructions right, and went to the grocery store for a whole cart full of produce.

This morning I woke up at 5:30! Yikes!  Ok, first alarm went off at 5:30, I probably got out of bed at 5:45 :)   If you know me at all that may seem like a lie.  But no really.  Check the timestamp on my Instagram pic!!



This morning I was able to:
1) Pack my breakfast, lunch, snacks & various cleanse sundries to take to work
2) Weigh & measure myself
3) Take a "before" photo that did not look scary

And get all of this done & be out the door at 7:00 for work.  I feel so accomplished.  And tired.  Boy am I tired right now :)

I've been reading several articles recently about how the most successful people wake up early.  I need to suck it up and start some healthy habits.  The #1 reason I don't bring my lunch more often is not waking up early enough.  I used to love waking up early in college, before my roommates and have quiet time or homework time.  Where did that go???  Time to start some healthier habits!

At the end of the day, I don't feel crazy hungry which usually my mind associates with any "cleanse" or "detox" program.   That was an important part of Advocare for me, you get to eat lean protein, veggies & fruit.  The hardest part has been dairy.  I love me some dairy!  No cheese, or cream for my coffee, or daily yogurt for breakfast, or sneaking shots of whipped cream when James isn't looking....

More to come on progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment