Saturday, May 25

Padres Visit

This post isn't about baseball :)  Mamma Kay & Dad came to visit for a week!  My Dad had a week long work conference at The Firm, Mamma Kay tagged along.

It's always so great to have family visit!  Especially when you only get to see them a handful of times each year.

Here were the highlights:

They brought the rest of our wedding presents!!!  Yay!!  How fun!!  It felt so much fun pulling them out of the car, just as much fun as opening them the first time :)  Although now our jenga tower of presents we don't have room for has doubled....  Get me in a bigger place James!!!  (I'm working on this)

How precious are these monogramed pillows?


This was a highlight for James...  his fav wedding present - the longhorns - made the trip!  This was a present from my great uncle who is a real life rancher.  When he heard James wanted a pair of longhorns he thought to himself, "I haven't seen one of my longhorns in a few years, maybe I should go find her."  He found her in the field - skeleton style- and plucked the head off for James.  TRUE STORY!  The only better part of this story was he brought the thing into our wedding reception to give to James :)  The longhorn has been named "Bubba" and until we have room for him (see above) he lives on our balcony.  Yes, several neighbors have inquired.  I am the whiskey-tango neighbor.

James & Bubba at our wedding reception


Mamma Kay & I ventured to South City to visit the Women's Closet Exchange!!  They are designer resale & currently have a reality show on the Style channel.  Mamma Kay was sweet enough to buy me a fun dress (BCBG), linen blazer (boutique label) & work/play dress (Rebecca Taylor)!  My in-person experience was different than the show, but I feel in a good way.  The show leads you to believe they ONLY take high designer pieces.  My experience was 25-30% of the merchandise was high fashion & the majority was expensive labels like J.Crew, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Coach, etc.  I will be going back more often because although snatching a great designer resale item (*cough*LVpurse*cough*) would be très fabuleux, it's much more likely I will buy a variety of higher-end pieces.



We ate some delicious French food!  It was dessert or I'm sure Dad would have objected.  (Don't get him started on French jokes...)  If you are in Creve Coeur make sure to stop by the pâtisserie La Bonne Bouchée.   Everything is so pretty you don't want to eat it!  (yeah right)  I had some lovely macarons, every time I go I make sure to try a new flavor.  My new flavor this trip was apricot!


Mamma Kay & me


Last but not least, my parents don't feel good about a visit without helping, they put up backsplash in our kitchen!!!!  I am so in love with the final product :)  It's black.  Surprise, right?

Work in progress

Finished Product

No comments:

Post a Comment