Wednesday, June 19

Laundry Time

It's laundry time!  Why am I online shopping?  Who knows really.  I think my body shops as a biological impulse.  Inherited obviously- y'all do know Mamma Kay, right?  Even if I don't buy anything I love online shopping.  When I need a quick break at work I online shop.  Just to see what's out there :)

I do need to get my booty in gear and do some laundry!  James & I have decided to avoid ending our marriage in that weird stage of "could this count as an annulment it was so short" that we do our own laundry.  James does three loads of laundry once a week- lights, darks & towels/miscellaneous items.   The first time I saw this it FREAKED ME OUT!  (When I met James he paid the dry cleaners to launder all his clothes.  True story.)  I probably wash 20 different loads of laundry... I do separate clothes in the hamper by white/neutrals, cools/darks, warm/pinks.  But when it comes time to do laundry I wash my delicate cool/darks, then the everyday clothes, then the jeans, I wash sweaters by them selves, bras by them selves.  Lululemon by itself (I think this flabbergasts James the most).  Occasionally I'll get so tired after vacation that I will wash swimming-suits with Lulu, but those lapses in judgement are very rare.  I need a chart to explain it to anyone.  Due to the intricacies of my laundering habits it takes me a good month or two to accumulate enough in various categories to have a full load of laundry.  Hence the separate laundry truce of 2012.

I need to wash my Spanx!  Because James & I are going on a very special date this weekend :)  We hit a milestone of being completely out of consumer debt!  This was one of the first goals we made when we got married - to be done with debt before our first anniversary.  We still have car, student loans & house left, and will probably start our next phase of getting out of debt soon but we are taking a night to CELEBRATE!  I guess it's good that two people who work in finance are out of debt! Haha.  Thank goodness for James, because I am not good at sticking to a budget.  And I love shopping.  (see first paragraph)

I was talking to a friend who was nervous about starting to get her finances in order.  It's exactly like losing weight.  Everyone knows how to (eat less/spend less + exercise/save more + choose quality = progress) not everyone has self discipline.   I had a bad habit in college/grad school of falling in love with a pair of shoes I couldn't afford.  Buying them.  Then eating OATMEAL three times a day until my next paycheck.  Like it takes a rocket scientist to figure out that's not healthy.

Anyways I digress.... My neutral Spanx/ neutral bras are done in the washing machine! Time to line dry!  I am so looking forward to our date night!  I probably need a new outfit!!!  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment