Sunday, June 2

Anderson Family Reunion

Every odd year the Anderson clan has a reunion the first weekend in June.  We always go to Petit Jean State Park where my grandparents went on their honeymoon!

James & I in the car ~ road trip!


We had a blast seeing family & James getting to meet everyone.  The reunion is my grandpa, his two sisters & all their respective families.  Needless to say there were a lot of people for James to meet!

The weather was cold & stormy!  Not ideal for the usual planned activities like hiking to the waterfall, softball game, cook out, etc.  But the silver lining was we were able to visit each other's cabins and visit for hours.  It was a special time :)  Saturday morning (even though there was rain, thunder & lightning) Dad, James, Tim, Uncle Mark & cousin Josh decided to hike to the falls.  The ladies stayed back & I was able to spend most of the morning talking to my sweet grandmother.  Time like that is always very precious.  She loves to read just as much as I do & we love swapping books!  There were also a lot of domino tournaments!  

It did stop raining late Saturday afternoon so James, Seester, Tim & I were able to go on a quick hike! 

Saturday night in lieu of the usual Talent Show (yes, we're cheesy I know!) Great Aunt Betty planned a conservative version of The Newlywed Game so the family could get to know the new couples.  There were six of us who got married since the last family reunion.  I was really nervous about the questions, but they were ok :)  And we got some small gifts as my grandpa & his sisters shared family heritage!  That was really awesome!  Pictures of our ancestors and a pillow with Anderson family plaid were my favorite. 

View from the Lodge


 Cedar Falls 


 Dad, James & Tim on the hike to the falls


Me & Seester


 Rebels!


 Gorgeous sunset


 This is what happens when you wait until the last minute to take a family picture, it's before 8 am & an 80 year old is trying to use your iPhone camera!  It's crazy how we're a family of 6 now! :)


 Yay! Finally some sun on Sunday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment