Wednesday, July 24

Back to School

Today I spent all day in Continuing Education for my Insurance license.

OMG how time crawls when an 8 hour lecture is not relevant to your life.

I was quite surprised at how quickly my behavior today reverted back to college-esque.  What time did CE start? 8 am.  What time did I wake up? 7:30 am.  :)  I also wore super comfortable clothes... I did have a 30 second argument with my self about yoga pants vs. jeans.  I was totally prepared to rock the yoga pants but my left brain kept reminding me, "Every time you're at CE there are usually a handful of people from The Firm there.  Do you want them to see you in yoga pants?  Last time one of your Partners was there!"  "But I don't think she recognized me!"  Oh, that crazy internal dialogue.  I'm pretty sure a good 15 of my morning routine was packing my tote full of food & things to keep me occupied during the day.



Pretty much the only saving grace of the day (besides the iPad, who am I kidding?) was the instructor.  He is OLD and says CRAZY stuff :)

"If your pager goes off, please step outside to handle it." (I'm sorry, is it 1995?)

"Did I make all this crap up, carrot breath?"

"Medicare don't care about you!"

When he was taking role he asked, "Why are you sitting on the back row by yourself?" and I said, "So my iPad can stay plugged in to this outlet" and he said, "I don't even know what that means, but ok."

The morning session was titled "Medicare" and the afternoon "Annuity Suitability" but it was really a lot of people complaining & then getting the instructor rilled up so he would go on a long tangent/rant about Obama-care or market crashes or government spying or a random socio-policial topic.

However, I did get all my fav blogs added to bloglovin', figure out what I'm going to use my ULTA coupon for, added a lot of things to my Nordstrom wish list, read every article possible about the royal baby & grabbed lunch from one of my favorite places Pastries of Denmark.  They give you a small cheese cake with every order!  All in all I was happy with the outcome of my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment