Thursday, February 21

New Stationery

I just love love love getting new things in the mail!  Call me old fashioned but something pretty via snail mail will always have a special place in my heart :)

During a recent office organization I realized my stationery box was dangerously depleted!  Understandable given wedding took over the last year and a half of my life.  I was only buying thank you cards!

The cards I added to my collection are from Ashley Brook Designs!  I love everything she does!!!






I hear a lot of ladies wishing they could be better about sending cards, the answer is simpler than you think.  They key to incorporating any new habit in your life is proximity.  If you want to eat healthy but stock no food in your fridge, you'll be heading to Chick-fil-a way more often than if you have a fridge stocked with veggies.  If you want to send cards keep some around the house!

My stationery collection is in a Library Office Storage Box from Container Store (plum of course!), it includes various cards, my favorite pen, stamps & address labels.  When I want to send a card it takes less than 5 minutes to open the box, write the card & get it ready to mail.   Right now I have the free tacky address labels from some non-profit, I have been meaning to update my monogram return address stamp with my new initials! :)



If you're new to creating a stationery collection I would suggest buying a box with lots of different cards inside.  I love this Kate Spade All Occasion Note Cards Gift Set from Papyrus ($35).   It comes with Congratulations, Happy Birthday, Get Well Soon, Hello & Thank You.  This would be perfect to keep on your desk, when the occasion arises it only takes a few minutes to write a quick note.

Or if you'd prefer to create it gradually many stores sell boxes of cards, like this cute Animal Print Boxed Thank You Cards from Target ($6).   Each time you go to Target you could grab one set of cards to gradually add to your collection.

If you are super crafty like my dear friend Elizabeth you can make your own cards!  Directions not found on this blog!!!  :)

Probably the most cost effective way is to buy a box of blank cards, then you can write any message you would like inside.  Café Chairs Note by Crane ($19).

For personalized notes there are great options from Etsy (very reasonable) or a stationery store, just depends on how much you'd like to spend.  Monogrammed Personalized Stationery Cards on Etsy ($18) or Personal Stationery Set also on Etsy ($15).

Another easy strategy (although more expensive) is to pick out cards for each individual occasion.  Or if you have specific people you want to buy an individualized car for this works well too.  When I am in Target, CVS, or the grocery store I always stop by the card aisle for a minute to ask myself two questions:
1)  What holidays are they featuring?
2)  Who's birthday is coming up in the next month?

Right now in Target I see St. Patricks Day, Easter Cards, my Dad's birthday is in March & the V-Day cards are on sale!  I will look through & pick an Easter card for my parents, a birthday card for my Dad & the formerly expensive Papryrus V-Day card with the hot sauce bottle on the front for next year :)  I will go home & add these to the stationery box.  When it is a few days until Dad's birthday I don't have to make a special trip to the store, I have his card already in my stationery box.

If you'd like tips for how to write thank you notes (I am forced to write this on a post it every time James needs to write a thank you) here is a great article from Southern Living (who else?) How to Write a Charming Thank You Note.


No comments:

Post a Comment