Thursday, February 28

Outside Beauty

I sit carefully combing the contents of my Birchbox & Glossybox.  James is staring at me like I'm from Mars & after the 500th "what's that?" he gives up.  I am thus informed with the costs of my monthly subscription to both beauty boxes I could have a Waterway membership.  Right.... like I'm going to spend more money washing my car than my face.  Nice try husband.

One of my mini-resolutions or Daily Goals for a Fabulous 2013 is to do my hair & makeup on the same day.  I was sharing this at our church Community Group & a lady there was genuinely confused about what I meant by "hair and makeup on the same day,"  I couldn't tell if she was horrified or never though to try it...  Oh well.  I will say that is an easy one, and one of my Daily Goals that I reach for a lot.  I've realized through getting married last year & getting 'dolled up' for all those photographs how I've let my Texas-self slip & embraces the Mid-West philosophy.  Mamma Kay says Missouri is the perfect place for tomboys.  I really do enjoy feeling put together and feeling good about myself.  I think there was a time (years) where my philosophy was 1) Sleep in more 2) I don't work with my boyfriend/fiancee/husband anyways so who cares what the men at work think 3) Don't look too young/trendy or it will diminish your credibility at a financial firm 4) It's below freezing you're glad I'm at work ...  You get the picture.  (No I'm not going to show you a picture.  Ew.)

But we are on our way to a Fabulous 2013!  I will say that the entrance of the "sock bun" to my life is amazing.  I don't use a sock bun, I use a Pinterest tutorial where you tease the pony tail slightly.  It's not as big.  Not as trendy.  Perfect for work!  Who am I kidding... the soul mate of second-day dry-shampoo hair :)

I am also watching more tutorials on line to get inspiration & ideas.  Here are some of my favs:



I also want to put together an easy 5 or 10 minute makeup routine for when it's my turn to be at work at 7 am.  Today was one of those days.  I did not wear makeup, just did my faux-sock bun.  Resolution fail.  (Good thing I accomplished 3 things on my Daily Goals list, so I'm not a complete failure!)  I won't say who ~ but one beauty blog did a "5 minute makeup tutorial" & it started with, "Ok I've already moisturized, primed, put on foundation & concealer.  Let's get started!"  and I was all oh heeeeell no honey you cheated.  But really, if there is a 5 minute makeup routine I need to find it.  Maybe that's the holy grail of internet tutorials.  At least Estee Lauder BB cream saves my life every day!

I did go to Dillard's for the Estee Lauder & Lilly Pulitzer GIFT WITH PURCHASE!!!  I haven't bought a department store GWP since college when I only wore Clinique!!  #tbt

Look at all these lovelies....


Picture from Dillard's email.  GWP info @ Dillard's!

No comments:

Post a Comment