Sunday, February 3

Rock It ~ Return It

Sooooooo as of late I have been going drugstore for cosmetics (yikes!) and wanted to share my finds!

Note ~ I apparently have been spoiled by Sephora, MAC & Nordstrom... learned the hard way that Walgreens' beauty return policy (for opened/tried products) is up to the discretion of the manager!  So I would recommend CVS, they have a 100% guarantee :)  And I just love everything about them!

Revlon Lip Butters
in Creme Brulee & Berry Smoothie
I really really really wanted to try Peach Parfait, but Walgreens & CVS were both sold out!
These are called 'lip butters' because they are super creamy & lightly pigmented.  I am not a big fan of lipstick, so I was hoping I would love these :)  And I did!  I like lipstick that is light enough that I can reapply without using lipliner, a mirror, and much effort.  It is also very moisturizing :)  The creme brulee color was very nude.  Normally I would return that, but nude lips are very trendy now.  I loved the Berry Smoothie, it was a cute pink.
Verdict ~ ROCK IT!!

Maybelliene Eyestudio Color Tattoo
in Bad to the Bronze, Tough as Taupe & Too Cool
The bronze & taupe were both SUPER dark!! I might use them only for smoky eye looks.  Or Halloween.  The cool aka "white" worked well, but that bright white only looked good with one purple eye shadow set I have.  I will keep this one, but will probably not use it much.
Verdict ~ RETURN IT!!

L'Oreal Voluminious Million Lashes
in Black Brown
I picked up this mascara looking for extra volume (like always!) and it delivered.  This is the perfect everyday mascara.  The wand is very easy to maneuver & can easily be applied in the car!  Probably not recommended :)  It needs several coats (or a primer) to be voluminous enough for how I like evening makeup.
Verdict ~ ROCK IT!

Maybelliene One by One Volume Express
in Very Black
I am always on the lookout for a Dior Show substitute.  That is the real mascara!  This one is very close :)  Great volume with a coat or two & easy to add volume without clumping.  It has a BIG brush, so not so easy for quick application (or car!).   I would recommend this for a more heavy mascara.  I don't prefer to wear a lot of makeup for work, so this is my go-to weekend choice!
Verdict ~ ROCK IT!

Blistex Revive & Restore Lip Protectant
two-pack
For a lip balm set I thought it did it's job.  I just didn't get the "revive" and "restore" words.  They seem similar to me.  I think one should be to "protect" and the other "revive" or "restore" if that makes sense. I wasn't sure why there were two...  Maybe I'm in my head too much.  Maybe not.  Occam's Razor, Blistex!
Verdict ~ MEH...

And my one beauty splurge is Estee Lauder BB Cream! in Shade 1
Verdict ~ ROCK IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment