Friday, February 15

Valentine's Day

So basically I am in LOVE with Valentines' Day!  I always have been.  And no m'am I was not one of those girls who always had a boyfriend on V-Day.  Quite the opposite.  I think I was single most of them.  I know the people who like to wear black & label it as "Hallmark Capitalism" ~ boycotting a happy holiday seems very emotionally stable...  I just feel that a day dedicated to telling everyone in your life you care about them is awesome.  To me Val Day isn't about romantic love ~ it's about all love.

Put your phone down, stop the tweeting, tell people you love them today.

I love you ~  to my dear family & wonderful friends.  You bring joy to my life, and I love you.

I also love STEAK so I was wonderfully pleased by James' choice of restaurant Ruth's Chris!!!!


And now to the dress decision!

Drum roll please.....................................



I picked the Kate V Dress by Nicole Miller!!! 



Inspired by one of my favorite fashionistas, the one and only Kate Middleton!

Photo Credit:  Kate Middleton Style


Ruth's Chris had a photographer to document the evening.  


I was tempted to write a letter to Ruth's Chris management.  Maybe include a little education in the form of a syllogism:

Major Premise:  Valentine's Day dates are made to please women.
Minor Premise:  Women hate looking larger than they are on film.
Conclusion:  Fish eye lenses are the worst possible choice for Valentines Day.


James contributed some beautiful flowers & I contributed some yummy dessert!  



Hope you had a fabulous day full of love! 




No comments:

Post a Comment