Tuesday, March 12

To Block or Not to Block?

I read a guest blog post by a childhood friend of mine that has been haunting me...

"The Truth About Your Relationship Status" by Andrea Lucado (her blog here)

It is a great post geared toward being content with your worth to the Lord regardless of relationship status.

Overall good read... check it out.

The part that got me was when she challenged us to block or hide the girl on our news feed who causes us to feel jealous or insecure.  Wow.  That's been rolling around in my brain for the last few days.  Crazy because the exact person popped in my head as I was reading it.   We went to college together and had a lot of classes together, although she was in the popular/rich girl sorority.  And every picture on Facebook has way too much makeup, expertly applied, perfect hair.  Basically I would have to live in Sephora & have the entire staff touch up my makeup through the day to come close.  Every item of clothing is designer, this season, how many LV purses does she own? More than my student loans? And she has a gorgeous house... Pictures of drinks at all the it places to be.  Really? It's exhausting me to see all the pictures.

Why do we let people like that taunt us? Feel insecure? Or angry at the have-nots?

Maybe all of Facebook is fake.  That would be nice because it's so annoying.  And addicting.

So..... to block her or not to block her????

(Sorry to any of you if my pics of food on dates or flowers James buys me affect you negatively.)

No comments:

Post a Comment