Thursday, March 28

Wine Not?

James & I used our Groupon for a Wine Tasting Class last night at The Vino Gallery!  It was awesome :)  We went with our new church friends & had a great time!  It turned out to be more of a class on how the professionals taste wine - less of a schmorgazeboard of wine to taste.   James wasn't as into it as I was.  I absolutely LOVE school.  Although I was uncomfortable being in a classroom setting where I didn't know all the answers (nerd alert)!!  I want to study & take the class again (major nerd alert)!

The teacher, Rachel, is part owner of the wine store / art gallery & she is a certified sommelier, studying for an advanced designation.  And by "studying" she means drinking LOTS of wine!!!!!!  I was so jealous ~ James told me not to get any ideas...  She will be offering more classes soon & I hope to take some :)



It was all I could do to hold back & not ask her for the PowerPoint notes... 




James & I :)  So sweet of him to drive me to Wine Class :)




"You have to have a quality rosé for Easter" ~Rachel, my new favorite teacher! 


She also suggested taking notes on each wine you try so you can learn what you like & don't like.  There are apps for that!  How fun :)  I might have to go looking for them, or the gallery sold cute journals for wine tasting notes :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment