Sunday, December 9

Christmas at the Symphony

James & went to the Sunday matinee of the St. Louis Symphony performing Handel's Messiah.   It was lovely & Christmasy.  I loved seeing Powell Hall all decorated up :)  It was beautiful!!

It has been many many years since I've seen Messiah in person.  I love the Symphony!!!  I remembered the choral parts being beautiful and written very close to scripture.  It was such a beautiful experience because scripture was printed in the program & as your reading the gorgeous music is amplifying the beauty of the season.  I did not remember the soloists who sang straight up Opera style.  They were not my favorite.  Especially when James decided to speak in opera vibrato all night....

AND ~  I almost forgot!!  The conductor was the same conductor at Will & Kate's wedding!! I felt so royal!   All I was lacking was a nice fur :)  (and perhaps a castle or two).






As you may or may not be able to tell James was less than thrilled at my surprise photo shoot while driving :)  I asked a lady to take our picture during intermission on the big staircase.  She promptly ran to the bottom of the staircase & yelled up "I'll take your picture from down here so you look really tall!"...  Because that's a problem I often have... not looking tall enough.  I wish more people knew about flattering photo angles!

Here is a link to the Hallelujah Chorus !

No comments:

Post a Comment