Monday, December 17

Hot Toddy

What a long week ~ ever since Sunday the 9th (the day we went to the symphony) either James or I or both of us have been sick!!  According to the Urgent Care James had strep, while I had the ever elusive "virus" that just has to take it's course.  Nasty.  There was a 4 day stretch (Fri-yesterday) we were both home, lost our voice & spent the whole time laying around, saying "What? I can't hear you!"...  Perhaps a preview of when we're 80! haha

Mamma Kay said I need a stiff Hot Toddy!  Maybe she is right, I bet it will kill my virus.  If I do resort to self-medicating myself I want to try this recipe:  Hot Toddy with Tea

My sickness is slightly complicated by the 9 fillings I got on Tuesday.  I decided to "get it over with" and have them all filled on the same day instead of coming back multiple times.  It seemed like a great idea at the time; however, I now cannot chew food without pain.  I have been consisting on soup (which is the only thing my sick self wants anyways), greek yogurt & mashed sweet potatoes.  Silver lining ~ my clothes are fitting looser!  I should start eating more soup!  :)

On Sunday I was feeling well enough to venture out to Target & finally spend some of the Birthday money that Mamma Kay sent me.



1) Sweater Dress
2) Set of Mirror Frames



It is always so nice to get out of the house when you're finally feeling a little better!  The best part of the trip was that it was in the mid 50's! In December!  Crazy ~ but at least I got to wear flip-flops :)  And my pedicure with the new Skyfall OPI polish actually saw the sunlight!

Color: The World Is Not Enough



No comments:

Post a Comment